Thursday, February 4, 2010

How To Make Guinea Pig Cozy

Mysterion acceptance .... Whether


overcome suffering through acceptance


(picture by Mugley-FlickR)

"Now I'm talking about something else: a good man, the not be, who does not want what God wants in any particular case, because it is impossible that God wanted to do something good;, and especially the very fact and the fact that God wants it and is it necessarily good and at the same time . the best "
(M. Eckehardt)

God is light - and in it there is no darkness. He is the great spirit of life. are by Him, we live and work in this world. Yet millions of people experience daily pain, disappointment, large and small crises and sorrows in her life. So how to overcome the suffering? With these and other questions are masters Eckehardt involved in the book of divine consolation, a work of medieval mysticism, about which I here in the preceding and following blogging.

goodness, wisdom and justice are as energetic triad the basis for God's work and action in our world. Moreover, they themselves are God - energy fields in which culminates the work of God. But if God Goodness, wisdom and justice, as he could because in the end even want anything negative? These and similar questions plagued smart people and great thinkers for centuries.

One possible solution to answer these questions intellectually, we found in D. Hume's famous work "Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion." There can be one of the great philosopher active characters - towards the end of the work - to say frankly that God would either not omnipotent, or not be good, because how could a good and omnipotent God allow all this suffering in the world? So - concludes the empirical philosopher - God could not otherwise be thought, because although as already-powerful but not very particularly interested in human beings. And somehow it sounds so also the image of God as unmoved mover, as we know also from the Aristotelian philosophy

Another approach is the issue summarily on the people, as well as Master Eckhart, it -. Introductory Quote to follow - has apparently done. God is good, pure and holy - but man is not just that. Therefore, man feels, this approach to follow, but the God alone is good and holy actions as negative.

Mysticism has always had its own way with the great mysteries of the human Life deal. So they can, as one of the few intellectual movements have the size to some open questions deliberately. She is not a hasty answers to complex questions. She's about our relationship to the mystery.

God has not banished from the suffering of the world. He can be rather. We do not know why and what for. But at the same swings in this - in itself disturbing rate - and with great confidence. I do not know what the answer really looks at the great mystery of suffering. But I trust that the secret behind a good and omnipotent God is, at the end of the round by the experience of suffering only our best wants.

The apostle Paul writes again: " No temptation has seized you as only a human, but God is faithful, who will not let you be tempted beyond what you can, but with the temptation will also create the output, so that you can her to endure. "(1 Cor. 10:13)

But what does Paul mean ? Temptation is always the root of temptation. Challenge as an attack on the spiritual level. They caused me problems - and even Sorry. Suffering comes into existence, among other things that I do something happens to me (or happened) is not. My spirit, my essence, everything in me says: no. And yet there's something that is beyond my control completely.

This experience of the circumstances, I reject deeply makes me a kind of spiritual disharmony. My life feels like it not swing properly. "It is not as bad as" it "should be. The result: nausea, emotional [or physical] pain - and pain.

I can the pain - even if I have a concrete external situation may change can not - but so far minimize than that I can change my attitude to the external circumstances. This is sometimes very difficult and it requires some training, a training until this mental mechanism can help me permanently. to alleviate the acute suffering but this almost always works.

As I the outer circumstance no longer as something completely each inspection confiscated see the situation loses its already overwhelming, catastrophic broadcast over my life. I know, this is all embedded in an overall context of my good aims. Relativized (in reference compound) is suffering, yes - as already described in a previous post - a problem halved.

addition, I alleviate my suffering - it almost has to solve - as I just accept the outer circumstance. I do not fight against it. I accept that happens to me this or that, that this or that is as it is. I as an integral part of me in my life. Thus I will sacrifice from one situation to the situation itself, the external factor loses its power over me. I mastered it - and am therefore again become the master in his own house. I am connected to the great stream of universal love. I receive healing. Fizzles and suffering.

0 comments:

Post a Comment